In 1959 Mr. Ionas Stroumsas establishes his own business, the Pharmaceutical Wholesaler IONAS STROUMSAS GP. It becomes quickly established in the field of medicine.
In 1972 it is transformed from GP to LTD.
The first headquarters were located in Vasileos Herakliou Street in the center of Thessaloniki.
In 1980 the headquarters are transferred to larger facilities on Ptolemaion Street in the center of the city.
1994 marks the first purchase of an automated ordering system.
In 2004 privately owned storage and distribution facilities are created.
In 2005 the company is transferred to privately owned facilities at 3 Ioanni Kranidioti Street, in the area of Pylea.
In the same year, the first phase of the creation of a state-of-the-art automated distribution center is completed.
In 2008 the 2nd phase is successfully completed. With the completion of this investment, the company now provides upgraded services to customers and has the ability to execute three times the volume of orders.
A benchmark for the business is the Logistic Center model for the entirety of Europe.
In 2009 LIAFARM SA is founded.
In 2014, an additional 850 pallets for the storage of drugs are manufactured, reaching a total of 1,750.
By 2016, LIAFARM had about 180 employees.
In 2019, an event is held to celebrate the 60 years of operation of the Stroumsas Group with the number of visitors exceeding 1,200 people.
LIAFARM SA and IONAS STROUMSAS SA are co-located members of the STROUMSAS Business Group located at 3 Ioanni Kranidioti Street, in the area of Pylea in Thessaloniki.